- Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Cockrell School of Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- Cullen Trust for Higher Education Endowed Professorship in Engineering #1, Cockrell School of Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- Core Faculty, Center for Women’s and Gender Studies, College of Liberal Arts, The University of Texas at Austin
- Professor (courtesy), Oncology, Dell Medical School, The University of Texas at Austin
- Professor (courtesy), Diagnostic Medicine, Dell Medical School, The University of Texas at Austin
- Adjunct Professor, Imaging Physics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Prof. Markey is a core member of the Multidisciplinary Breast Reconstruction Research Program. She has additional affiliations with numerous other labs, centers, and educational programs including Center for Identity, Center for Perceptual Systems, Department of Statistics and Data Sciences, graduate program in Cell and Molecular Biology, graduate program in Electrical and Computer Engineering, graduate program in STEM Education, Livestrong Cancer Institutes, and Machine Learning Laboratory. Prof. Markey co-directs the pre-doctoral training program in Imaging Science and Informatics (T32 EB007507). For more information about Prof. Markey, please see: CV, LinkedIn, ORCID, and ResearchGate.
If you are a current UT Austin student and wish to talk to Prof. Markey, utilize her drop-in office hours (http://bit.ly/Markey-Office-Hours) or sign-up for an appointment (http://bit.ly/MarkeyAppointment). Do not send email; go to office hours or sign up for an appointment.
Former students and lab members should follow these directions to request a letter of reference.
For all other inquiries, please contact Prof. Markey’s research coordinator.
Current Lab Members (Summer 2022)
Sungsoo Kim [he/him/his] (Co-supervisor: Al Bovik)
Current lab members can access the UT BMIL Lab Manual
Current or former trainees can request a letter of reference using the UT BMIL Reference Request